The Simple Funeral
The Simple Funeral is perfect for those that want very little fuss, at a lower cost, but still wish to have an attended at-need service.
In order to keep the costs low, we request that third-party costs are paid two days in advance of the funeral, with our costs to be paid after the funeral has taken place. We will invoice you 2-3 weeks after the service for the remainder.
You will still receive the same high level of care and attention you’d expect from Tom Owen and Son, with your dedicated Funeral Director providing support, advice and guidance throughout.
- The deceased being brought into our care, within a 50 mile radius, within 24 hours of being notified that the death has been verified;
- Care of the deceased before the funeral;
- Unlimited visits to our Chapel of Rest (this fee can be removed if you don't wish to visit our Chapel of Rest);
- Completion of all documents and liaison with third-parties;
- A dedicated Funeral Director to make all of the arrangements on your behalf;
- A meeting at your home or our office to discuss the arrangements;
- A standard coffin suitable for cremation or burial;
- The use of our hearse on the day of the funeral;
- The cremation fee using a 9.00am or 9.30am slot (there will be an additional charge for a burial);
- The doctors certificate fees (if cremation);
- An online tribute and donations page;
- A religious minister (if you wish to have a Celebrant there will be an additional charge);
- Collection of the ashes on your behalf within 3 days of the cremation;
- Access to a free bereavement counselling session.
This package is also available as a pre-paid funeral plan and can include a contribution towards third party costs. Please contact us for more details and for prices. Terms and conditions apply.
Prices correct as at December 2022 and may change in the future.
As with all of our funeral options, we’d also love to see you at our monthly coffee mornings.